Monday, December 21, 2009

GIFTS of Love and Care


I really love this poem, as it resonates with my thinking.

********** GIFTS ************

What shall we give the children?
A new year is almost here.
Toys and games and playthings,
As we do every year ?

Yes, for the magic of toy land,
Is part of the new year lore.
To gladden the heart of childhood,
But I shall give something more.

I shall give them more patience,
A more sympathetic ear.
A little more time for laughter,
Or tenderly dry a tear.

I shall take time to teach them,
The joy of doing some task.
I 'll try to find time to answer,
More of the questions they ask.

Time to read books together,
And take long walks in the Sun.
Time for a bedtime story,
After the day is done.

I shall give these to my children,
Weaving a closer tie.
Knitting our lives together,
With gifts that money can't buy.

By : Isla P. Richardson.

No comments:

Post a Comment